Monday, June 18, 2012

Intag Region - Rafting Trip


























On June 17 we took a 3 hour drive on ROUGH mountain roads to a remote region called Intag to do a little white water rafting. The drive through the Intag region was spectacular. However when we finally arrived at the launch site we noticed that the river was rough.
 Originally we thought it was a class 3.5 it turned out to be class 5.6-6. We launched anyway and it went bad very fast. After about a mile or so our raft flipped over so fast and all 6 of us went flying off the raft so quickly we didn't know what happened. We were tossed and turned and smashed against the rocks for about 10 minutes or so. My life jacket was too loose and so my head was under water most of the and I was downing. Out of nowhere one of our guides, Pablo came and pulled me to saftey. He saved my life. I will never forget him and will be forever grateful. Despite some broken ribs, bruises and scrapes, we all made out alive. What a powerful experience.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! No more class 6 rivers...please! I'm glad you are all safe now...

    ReplyDelete